Archery dates back thousands of years and was used in battle and hunting. Now we associate it with the Olympic sport that rewards active listening, focus, independence and concentration. Our instructors will teach you everything needed to shoot safely and independently and build on your success.
Maximum group size: 15
Perseverance, Stay focused & Dealing with a challenge.
Support and encourage each other, Peer coaching & Safety support
Set own targets and aim to beat them, Build own skills and focus, Being safe & Applying instructions.
National Curriculum Links:
Take part in outdoor and adventurous activities within a team. Physically active for sustained periods of time. Lead healthy, active lifestyle.
Objects fall to earth because of the force of gravity acting between Earth and falling objects Identify the effects of air resistance, friction and the act between moving surfaces.
Geometry – recognise angles, where they meet at a point, are on a straight line, or are vertical Mathematical vocabulary used throughout the session and applied into context.
We help children to:
- Learn from mistakes, bounce back and try again
- Try new things with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Believe that the harder they work, the better they will get at the things that they do
- Never give up!
- Love learning!
- Keep on trying when challenges occur
- Think their way through problems
- Ask questions and think about our world
- Make links and notice patterns in their experiences
Bow, arrow, stance, gravity, trajectory, aiming, control, technique, angle, speed, acute, obtuse, diagonal, horizontal, target, degrees.
Activity Passport Links:
You can complete 3 achievments with this activity.